Pope Francis’s wisdom
for Atheists and Christ’s followers alike
Courtesy of Catholicnews.com
- “Live and let live.” Everyone should be guided by this principle. He said.
- “Be giving of yourself to others” he said, because “If you withdraw into yourself, you run the risk of becoming egocentric. And stagnant water becomes putrid.”
- “Proceed calmly” in life. He says “in his youth he was a stream full of rocks that he carried with him; as an adult, a rushing river; and in old age, he was still moving, but slowly, like a pool.”
- “A healthy sense of leisure.” The pleasures of art, literature and playing with children have been lost, he said. Families must also turn off the TV when they sit down to eat because that’s time to communicate.
- Sunday should be holidays. Workers should have Sundays off because “Sunday is for family.”
- Find innovative ways to create dignified jobs for young people.
- Respect and take care of nature.
- Stop being negative. “Needing to talk badly about others indicates low self – esteem….Letting go of negative things quickly is healthy.”
- Respect others’ beliefs.
- Work for peace. “The call for peace must be shouted.”