The monthly Monday Drop in Morning for local rest
homes finished up with a wonderful Christmas
party in December 2017 after 20 years. This has
been a most worthwhile venture providing a social
outlet including a great morning tea, conversation,
quizzes and music for folk who have little chance
to get outside their usual homes otherwise.
A very big thank you is due to Margaret and
Malcolm, Jocelyn, Robin, Isabel, Don, Val, Helene,
Rachel and all the others not mentioned who have
given their time and energy over the years to make
We applaud you all wholeheartedly.
Would you like to join the Cafe Church Team? We
love our monthly Cafe Service. It is planned by a
small group.They would be delighted to hear from
anyone keen to help this year either with the regular
planning or by being available as a helper in other
ways e.g. ideas or practical things.
Contact is Robin
Baxter ph 4102935
Keeping you Informed
Contributions brought to the Sunday service are
taken to the Salvation Army depot 430 Glenfield
(NB Fresh fruit or vegetables delivered to the depot
Mon Wed Fri 9.30 -12 is appreciated too.)
ITEMS they are very low on this month are
shampoo and deodorant also UHT milk and
canned protein foods e.g. sausage,beans.
January’s dinner morphed into a very pleasant
evening with a BBQ at the church.
The next date planned is Saturday 24 February.
For more information please contact Dale – 418
3793 or text 021 02345087, or email
From around the District
1. World Day of Prayer 10.30 am Friday 2nd March at St
Luke’s Methodist followed by lunch. Women
from 170 countries are linked in prayer
today.The service comes from Surinam on the
north east coast of South America this year.
“Pray with informed prayer, and then take prayerful
2. Last of a series of Sunday
and discussions at
3pm at St Georges
Hall 2 The Terrace,
Emotional Needs of
3. Film Fundraiser
( St Andrew’s Birkenhead and All Saints)
The film is Finding your Feet
Sunday 25 February 5.45 pm at the Berkeley
Takapuna.Tickets from Barbara Wesley ph 4809123 or
4. A new minister, the Rev Dr Tokerau Joseph, has been
inducted this week at Mairangi-Castor Bay Presbyterian
5. MICHAEL BELL & ALISON DUNLOP – ORGAN & OBOE
Sunday 11 TH March at 4pm
At Takapuna Methodist Church (TMC) 427 Lake Road
Financial contributions for the ongoing work of St
Aidans Community can be placed in the offering on
Sunday or given by internet banking.
Our account is St Aidans’.
Account number 02-01130024699-00.
In the reference please include your NAME (f you
want a receipt for tax purposes at the end of the
financial year) and DONATION .
IN A LIGHTER VEIN from Keith
1.. A bicycle can’t stand alone; it is two tired.
2. A will is a dead give-away.
3. Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
4. A backward poet writes inverse.
5. A chicken crossing the road: poultry in motion.
6. When a clock is hungry it goes back four seconds.
7. The guy who fell onto an upholstery machine was fully
8. You are stuck with your debt if you can’t budge it.
9. He broke into song because he couldn’t find the key.
10. A calendar’s days are numbered.
11. A boiled egg is hard to beat.
12. He had a photographic memory which was never
13. The short fortune-teller who escaped from prison: a
small medium at large.
(To be continued……